Bacon and Mushroom Bread Bowls
Breakfast & Brunch
Filled with bacon and mushrooms, these bread bowls are nothing short of delicious! Also, the Cheddar cheese is a perfect addition: it melts gradually thanks to the heat of the oven, and gives the dish its super flavor!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8-10 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 4 bacon slices, fried
- 1/2 cup (110 grams) heavy cream
- 4 bread rolls
- 1/2 cup (55 grams) Cheddar, shredded
- Red bell pepper, diced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 340°F/170°C.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms. Season with salt, pepper, and five-spice powder. Stir and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add the spring onion, then crush the fried bacon into small pieces. Stir and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Pour the heavy cream, stir and cook until all the mushrooms are fully covered in sauce, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Place the bread rolls on your wooden board. Slice off the top of the bread rolls and remove the inner bread.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the bread bowls on it.
- Fill them with the mushroom mixture, shredded Cheddar and diced bell pepper.
- Bake the bread rolls for the next 25 minutes!
Nutrition Per Serving
- 390 kcal
- 27 g
- 13 g
- 25 g